FREE POSTAGE DURING JUNE 2018 ON WEBSITE ORDERS ONLY
Your Dressmaking Model has many uses....
The bullet points below are examples of the many ways in which a dress model is invaluable in garment making, whether you sew for yourself or others.
Whether you are a beginner or a professional dressmaker you will become quite attached to your new sewing assistant!
Read these hints in conjunction with the assembly leaflet supplied with your dressmaking model.
Use your dress model to:
- Check the drape of fabric. Is it suitable for the pattern you have selected?
- Style an outfit by draping co-ordinating fabrics together, to see how they would look for, say, a jacket and blouse.
- Fit a tissue pattern.
- Check the placement of darts, pockets and buttonholes.
- Establish the position of collars and lapels.
- Position lace, trims, ribbons and appliqués on garments.
- Check or plan the placement for machine embroidery designs.
- Pin sleeves in position, based on your shoulder length. Tack in place, then machine stitch.
- Check the placement of shoulder pads.
- Check the ease and hang of a lining.
- Fit and hang wedding gowns as you sew.
- Mark hems
- Fit trousers/pants - Some models are now available for fitting trousers/pants. The stand has been moved off-centre, and the hip and torso areas have been shaped to help achieve a professional fit.
- Accessorise your completed outfit.
A number of the bodyforms, Sew Delux, Supa Fit are ex-stock fom our showroom, otherwise they ship direct from Adjustoform- please allow 5/7 working days.